Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Shopping Carts- Designersi.com

I blogged about Prostores.com and at the time I did not realize that they took a chunk of every sale made. If I had known I wouldn't have reviewed them. Sorry about that, my friendly readers.

I would recommend checking out DesignersI.com. There is a 15 day trial that allows you to try our their software and look at their features. I have been using it and enjoying the flexibility. They have two plans if you want to build it yourself and two if you want have it built for you:

Build-It-Yourself

Professional Plan - (Green 1)$39.95/Month$ 30.00 One time account activation fee

  • Build-it-yourself site building tool and email. You can build your 40-page hosted website in no time using the internets most advanced website builder.
  • No contracts
  • Web hosting included
  • 40 Meg Hard Drive Space
  • 80 pages
  • 10 email addresses
  • Webmail
  • eMarketing tools
  • Search engine optimization
  • Site traffic reporting tools

Platinum Plan - (Green 2)$59.95/Month $60.00 One time account activation fee

Build-it-yourself site building tool and email.

  • No contracts
  • Web hosting included
  • 80 Meg Hard Drive Space
  • 15 email addresses
  • 1000 pages
  • Webmail
  • eCommerce package
  • eMarketing tools
  • Search engine optimization
  • Site traffic reporting tools

Build-It-For-Me (Orange Plan)

Professional (orange-1) $499.00 One time set-up/design fee$39.95/Month

  • No contracts
  • Web hosting included
  • 40 Meg Hard Drive Space
  • 80 pages
  • 10 email addresses
  • Webmail
  • eMarketing tools
  • Search engine optimization
  • Site traffic reporting tools
  • 48 hour turnaround
  • Web pros work for you
  • Search engine optimization
  • 5 web pages designed
  • 1 customized header

Platinum Plan - (Orange 2)$749.00 One time set-up/design fee$59.95/

  • No contracts
  • Web hosting included
  • 80 Meg Hard Drive Space
  • 15 email addresses
  • 1000 pages
  • Webmail
  • eCommerce package
  • eMarketing tools
  • Search engine optimization
  • Site traffic reporting tools
  • Initial store set-up—up to 20 products
  • 48 hour turnaround
  • Web pros work for you
  • Search engine optimization
  • 8 web pages designed
  • 3 customized headers

    ___________________________________________________________

All plans have Ebay and PayPal integration. I have to say that creating pages and subpages is extremely easy. I also love the following features

Store Settings: You can activate your Shopping Cart Indicator and choose when and where you display your Privacy and/or Refund Policies, plus prompt an eNewsletter sign-up at check-out.

Shipping & Tax Zones: Determine your delivery options and calculate shipping and tax costs passed on to your customer at the time of order depending on their geographic location.
Sales & Promotions: Manage sale and discount offers and create promotional codes to extend discounts to preferred customers.

PayPal® Payment Settings: Allow your customers to process transactions through the Internet’s most popular E-Commerce Gateway for small business – PayPal®. With over 50 million users worldwide, PayPal® is the recognized standard on the web, ensuring the highest levels of security and reliability.

eBay® Integration: Sell your products on eBay®, The world's most popular and largest Online Marketplace.

Payment Gateway Settings: They offer numerous gateways to handle online transactions.

Visually Appealing Templates: The templates are nice and classy. Some of the nicest templates I have seen yet.

Military Encryption: I don't think I even need to expand on this.

You can also create newsletters, visitor polls, create captions, easily add your custom logo and manage the layout of the page.

The 15 day trial has allowed me to choose a template and create a store that I can look at and decide if I want to invest in it (and I do). In addition, the templates can be modified to become wider. FTP set up is available.

I have spent the last week reading every review on every shopping cart there is. I have asked advice, I have used trial periods and there is nothing I like more than the Designersi shopping cart web builder. I spoke with one of their managers today and he stressed that superior customer service is what sets their company apart from the others. So if you have a question, call them. You will be surprised at how polite and friendly they are.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm currently using Designersi for my business. I agree with all that was mentioned in your blog. Amazing company and great people running it!

Pina Greco
Francis Fine Clothier
www.francisclothier.com

Anonymous said...

Great blog on Designers-i. I too needed a content management solution that met my companies compliance standards. Not only did Designers-i meet those tough standards but they also offered built-in newsletter and search engine optimization features.

Martin Roy, investment Advisor
ScotiaMcLeod Inc.

Anonymous said...

As you had indicated in your blog Melissa. I'm a lawyer and a freelance writer and I recently set up a technical writing and consulting practice. When I was looking to get a web site built for my business I came across Designers-i Website Manager.

Designers-i is a "secret" tool that every business could benefit from using.

Amreen Omar, President
Amreen Omar
www.amreenomar.com

Anonymous said...

Designersi is a MUST HAVE tool for any small to mid size business!

Turnaround time on this project was 48 hours from start to finish. Initially I didn't think it was possible but I was proved wrong. You will NOT find a better solution out there

President
Avante CApital
http://www.avantecap.com

Anonymous said...

The Designers-I team were so easy to work with and our new website, using a customized template, was up and running within days. The website editor is intuitive and easy to use – updating our web pages is a breeze. I especially like the various reports in the web stats area. It’s been a pleasure working with Designers-I and I highly recommend their services

Carolyn Lane
Director, Research & Communications
Real Property Association of Canada
www.realpac.ca

Anonymous said...

We are a publically traded company trading on the TSX. Designers-i did amazing in redesigning the TLG site. I was IMPRESSED (and that's not easy to do, believe me). This is a GREAT solution!

Monika Forberger, Administrative Assistant
Tagish Lake Gold Corp
www.tagishgold.com

Anonymous said...

I want to thank Melissa for this unsolicited testimonial. Designeri is a boutique e-Business solutions provider and we pride ourselves on quality (products and Service). We are in this business for the long run and we know how important a role the web plays in our clients businesses.

Please feel free to visit our website (http://www.designersi.com) and if you have any question you can always call us at 866-838-0580.

Thank you all for your very positive feedback … it does make a difference!

Carlo Pietracupa
President
Designersi.com